Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Should Have Listened to My Parents...Just Don't Tell Them That

Day two of blogging.  I really don't have much to say today.  Although, I woke up this morning with the feeling that I was going to see someone I don't like (like ex-family).  I also had the feeling that an alarm was going to go off today.  Thankfully I didn't see any ex-family, but I did encounter a girl that I had issues with a couple weeks back.  She's small potatoes, so whatever.  But funny enough, a fire alarm went off at CCC today and we had to evacuate from the building.  This morning I told my manager of my premonitions of the day's events.  She was more shocked than I was when the alarm went off.  (Cue eery music!)


OMG! She said what??


Since I mentioned ex-family I would like to take this opportunity to tell any youngsters who are madly in love and want to get married this: DON'T DO IT! My goodness, if only we would listen to our parents, friends, teachers, ANYONE for that matter, at the age of 18.  It's really a stupid set up that they allow children to get married.  I mean if you can't legally drink alcohol and can't even rent a car you have no business engaging in a marriage.  I should know, I was there. 

I know exactly why I got married so young, to the first person who asked: I had no self esteem, no confidence and felt that I couldn't do better in life.  Heck, I didn't even think I was good enough for community college.  Which is why I didn't go until 8 years after graduating high school. What a sad thought, not being good enough for grade 13.  Oh well the past is the past and I have moved on.  I wish I hadn't done it, but I did.  It's true what people say about getting divorced.  It's so expensive because it is so worth it. 

On the flipside: I want to get married again, someday.  Especially since I never had a marriage, I had a wedding.  This time the focus will be on the marriage...not the party. 


Today's sweatpants brought to you by Forever 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment